Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to School

Today it's back to school for my three kiddos. I always make them take pictures the first day of school and they hate it. But they know the drill and know that I'm not going to take no for an answer so they have learned not to fight me. Still doesn't mean they look too thrilled. See what I mean?
I got a little emotional as I dropped them off for school this morning. I think it all started last night when I came home from work and started to prepare the last minute things for them to be ready for school today and as I looked for things that needed to be done I realized they had already taken care of everything. I really didn't have to do much of anything. It was a strange feeling and I'm not so sure I liked it. So, I retired to my room to relax and watch some tv and before long there was a knock at the door. It was my oldest who wanted me to cut his hair. Then throughout the night they continued to come to my room for little things that needed my attention and it felt good. Don't get me wrong I am so proud that they have learned to do things for themselves. I want them to be responsible and know how to take care of themselves. I just know there is a day coming when they won't be here at home and I won't be "needed" like this anymore. It was a little reminder to enjoy it while I can.

I can't wait to pick them up and see how their day went!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Awe Tammy..you have every right to be emotional. They are your babies....no matter how old they are!

Julia Ladewski said...

awwww... getting so big!! i hope the school year is going well for them!!

otherwise known as mom said...

RU OK??

Hope things are going well.

Praying for you

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David